Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ph.D Scholars Workshop @ Sociology Dept., D-School

On 25th August, 2008 the Ph.D Scholars Workshop in the Sociology Department of D-School, Delhi University. I presented a paper titled, "Blogosphere: The New Social Space".

The Workshop was indeed very encouraging and interactive and had fellow scholars from the department and our brilliant faculty members who, as usual, enlightened me even further.

My paper was focussed on how blogosphere is emerging as a new social space where virtual communities are forming up. These communities have interesting possibilities such as the power-political game that takes place and the notion of the public and the private realm.

For your understanding let me summarize some of my research findings for your, in brief:

1. The blogosphere is a political space and everyone participating in it have some agenda -- direct and indirect.

2. The community formed on the blogosphere is always surrounded around a cause. There are communities that form around day-to-day personal experinces but these communities are loosely fragmented.

3. The blogosphere as a public sphere is very powerful in the way it leaves footprints for all future times. As a result there is very few distortion of meaning and experinces, even if it were to be desired.


Share your experiences and opinion with me at newmedia.soc@gmail.com

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This should interest you.
http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~fviegas/survey/blog/results.htm

9:24 AM  
Blogger ShantanuDas said...

You are right about Delhi!

Btw I saw your comments only today. This Hotmail Address does not seem to get mails from blogger when a new comment has been posted. There is some technical Problem with hotmail. I have observed this about other sites too. Even though my filters anbd junk mails settings are okay.. some mails never reach me to my hotmail address whenever it is a site generated. So today I changed my settings here to yahoo.

Anyway... thanks for your comments.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Asimda.
This is Mastufa. Remember we met in your office at Defence Colony ( Elixir). May I know where are you working these days? Hope things are in fine at your side.
Waiting for your response.
Reach me at mastufa@gmail.com.
Mastufa.

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will not concur on it. I think polite post. Especially the title attracted me to read the whole story.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I dream the brief should have more info then it has.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i honestly enjoy your posting way, very helpful.
don't give up and keep penning for the simple reason that it simply well worth to look through it,
impatient to read additional of your own writing, stunning day :)

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home